Frequently Asked Questions
Why should commercial bakers choose frozen fruit over fresh fruit?
- Frozen fruits are flash-frozen at their peak ripeness, preserving their optimal flavor and nutritional value. They offer consistency in quality and are available year-round, ensuring that bakers can produce the same high-quality goods regardless of the season.
Are there any preservatives or additives in the frozen fruits offered by Baker's Authority?
- No, our frozen fruits are free from any additives, preservatives, or artificial flavors. They are simply flash-frozen to maintain their freshness and natural taste.
Can frozen fruit be used directly in baking, or does it need to be thawed first?
- Depending on the baking application, frozen fruits can often be used directly from the freezer. However, for certain recipes, it might be recommended to thaw them to avoid excess moisture. Always refer to your specific recipe's guidelines.
How does the cost of frozen fruit compare to fresh fruit for commercial baking?
- While the price can vary based on the type and origin of the fruit, frozen fruits typically offer better value for commercial bakers. They reduce waste due to their longer shelf life and offer consistent pricing year-round, eliminating the seasonal price fluctuations common with fresh fruits.
How long can the frozen fruit be stored, and how should it be stored?
- For optimal freshness and flavor, it's recommended to use frozen fruits within 6-12 months of purchase. They should be stored in a commercial freezer at temperatures below -18°C (0°F) and kept in their original packaging until use.
Is there any compromise in the nutritional value of frozen fruits as compared to fresh ones?
- No, in fact, frozen fruits often retain more of their vitamins and nutrients because they are frozen soon after harvesting. Fresh fruits, on the other hand, might lose some nutritional value during transport and storage before they reach the end consumer.